Monday, June 30, 2008

Excuse me, but I don't care...

Today, I was in a box store trying to get boxes for my upcoming move. All of the sudden, this woman comes up behind me and starts talking. "They are so slow in here. I was here a few days ago and there were two people. They were both blowing up balloons. You would think one of them would wait on people. How many people does it take to blow up balloons?"
Apparently, if there were two of them blowing up the balloons, it takes two people. Then this woman proceeds to tell me about her drunken driving arrest. She was arrested sitting in her living room on Thanksgiving Day. She's fighting it — of course. "How can they arrest me two hours after I get home?" Mildly amused I said "Wow, I don't know how they do that."
Finally she got it ... I didn't care about her DUI or her fighting it. But, if she had had some boxes, it would have been a very pleasant conversation. :-)
Tonight, my evening will be consumed by box hunting. Apparently you can't get a box until after 9. 

No comments: