Sunday, June 29, 2008

A grateful heart

Sometimes the best thing is not to complain, but to praise God. So, I'm praising God for bringing my great niece through her surgery Sunday. 
I really missed being with my family. When my mom called, I could hear everybody in the background talking and joking. There is something about my family that no matter how tense and crazy things are, there is something to laugh about.
I'm not sure what lame-duck Bush is planning to do his last few days in office, but Lord knows some of us would appreciate a little break from high gas prices. It cost me almost $50 to fill up my 11 gallon tank. It used to be I whined when I had to pay $25. I pay twice as much and I'm not sure there is any relief in sight. 
I'm convinced if the politicians had the kinds of salaries everyday people had and didn't live in the bubble of whatever breaks they get, somebody would be doing something about gas prices. I know one of the candidates proposed a gas tax holiday. But, I'm not sure that is the answer. It's like putting a bandage on cancer. We need an intervention that leads to transformation. A battery for electric cars isn't going to do spit for my gas tank and wallet now. People what real answers ... not pie in the sky. That true in politics and religion.
Answers aren't always easy, but somebody needs to at least come up with some.
God thanks for Diamond and taking care of her through her surgery. Amen.

No comments: