Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back in the city

I arrived in Pittsburgh on Thursday after having spent six days in Marietta, my former home. It was interesting to be there. Some things have changed. Most haven't. People are still having the same conversations; still talking about the same things and still trying to get to the next level. Can somebody remind me again why it took me so long to get out?
What was fun was seeing many of my buddies and catching up on their lives.
I had an opportunity to preach at my former church and as much as I love them, I have no desire to go back. (Is that bad?)
When I got into Pittsburgh, I had an appointment to preach at the church I grew up in before my mother started pastoring in McKeesport. 
Sometimes, I wonder why home doesn't seem like home. Somehow, I felt lost. I'm sure it has everything to do with me. But, it is interesting that people have no idea who I am and in some case, have no desire to get to know who I am. That is funny. 
Well, I have to finish my sermon for tomorrow soooooo comeback tomorrow when I'm going to write about coming home to the city and realizing that hey, I don't miss it all that much in reality.

No comments: